1. One of the most amazing features about Magento is that you can design and
develop multiple web sites and they store and share one administrative interface.
This extremely flexible feature allows you to modify and control multiple web
sites. All of your products inventory and pricing can be controlled from one
central location. There is no longer a need to login to multiple locations to handle
multiple web sites. Magento has the ability to control them all.
2. Magento supports over sixty languages, multiple currencies, and tax rates. This
gives you the ability to easily expand in the global market.
3. Layered navigation gives users customized browsing options when viewing
products by categories. You can now sort products by price, size, color, and other
4. Magento also has built-in web services. This flexibility allows external applications
to access magento’s data without changing the underlying core code. Currently,
SOAP and XML-RPC protocols are available out of the box.
5. Magento has Search Engine Optimization (SEO) built in from the start. It has the
ability to handle friendly URL rewrites which make it easy for search engines to
index your store and products.
6. Not only does Magento offer real-time carrier rates and quotes, users can ship
products from one order to multiple shipping address. This makes gift shopping
7. Magento also has several reporting features built in. These allows for easy view of
sales reports, best-selling products, and customer reporting. They can even be
exported in a CSV format to integrate with excel and other database programs.
8. Magento has designed its file structure to three major sections: core, functionality,
and design. This allows for easy updating of images and CSS styling without
affecting the functionality of the site. Store functionality can also be easily
customized without affecting the Magento’s core. As a result, you can modify
Magento without having to worry about upgrading to newer versions in the future.
9. Magento has a huge community backing. In addition to a public forum and bug
tracking, Magento also has its own public repository of extensions called Magento
Connect. Magento Connect features both free and commercial extensions
to enhance the functionality of your web site.
10. Since Magento is released under the Open Software License (OSL), the Magento
Community Edition is available at no cost. In turn, this allows web site developers
and eCommerce web site owners to cut down on software costs.